Sunday, May 5, 2013

36 Weeks

 




36 Weeks!

How far along? 36 Weeks
Baby size in fruit/vegetable: Watermelon/head of romaine lettuce
Total weight gain/loss: 29 pounds gained-- down a pound this week
Maternity clothes? Leggings and a mix of regular and maternity shirts.
Stretch marks? Nothing new.
Sleep: I'm too uncomfortable and anxious to sleep. I can't find a single position where my entire body is comfortable. And my hips! They're so so sore. I can't even handle it anymore. I feel like I sleep for five minutes at a time. 
Best moment this week: The best and the worst moment this week was the doctors appointment. Baby's heart rate is good, about 150. But baby is breech :/ and you can't vaginally deliver a breech baby. So...C-section!? That's not ideal. The doctor wants to do an External Cephalic Version (where the doctor attempts to turn the baby into a head down position) at my 37 week appointment. They take you to Labor and Delivery, hook you up to monitors and IVs, and push on the baby from the outside of your stomach. They say it's a 45% success rate and there can be complications that lead to an emergency C-section. Also, it's supposed to hurt pretty bad. But, if they get baby to turn, I can have a vaginal delivery. If I decide against the version, I schedule a C-section for 39 weeks and can only hope for him to decide to turn on his own. Sean and I have until Wednesday to make the decision. I've tried icing him down (putting ice on his head, it's supposed to be a way to get him to turn) and he hates it. He wiggles a ton when the ice is on him, but he has yet to move head down. I'll keep trying though.
Miss anything? I miss being capable of doing regular things without having it be a huge ordeal. Like bending down to pick something up, getting out of bed, getting up from sitting down, walking, and carrying/lifting things. 
Movement: It's getting tight in there, his little wiggles are getting pretty painful. He keeps finding the worst places to settle on too. I'm getting very paranoid about his movement. If anything seems different, I'm googling what could be wrong. Bad idea, I know. I'm just hoping he doesn't take after me and can do a somersault/backflip real soon.
Food cravings: I don't want food. Just ice, water, and juice. And fruit, any kind of fruit.
Anything making you queasy or sick? I'm just feeling sick in general most of the time. Eating always makes it worse.
Bump: It's huge, tight, and lopsided. It feels impossible that it could get any bigger. And it just feels like there is no more room for him to grow. 
Discomforts: I don't even know where to start. EVERYTHING hurts. Especially hips this week. I feel really crampy in my lower back at night. And I'm just super uncomfortable throughout the whole day. I don't know how I can do this any longer. I can't do this any longer. It's just getting to hard. I know, I'm a baby. But making and having a baby is hard! I think it's time for me to self prescribe bed rest.
Labor signs: Lots of Braxton Hicks.
Belly button in or out? Still pretty even with my stomach. It is starting to poke out in tight shirts sometimes though.
Happy or moody most of the time? Definitely moody. I'm irritable, scared, anxious, stressed, and a little excited.
Looking forward to? Having everything ready for baby, meeting baby, and naming baby. 




 
 
 


 




 
 












No comments:

Post a Comment