Sunday, May 12, 2013

37 Weeks

I was too busy, tired, and sore to get farther than "37 Weeks".



37 Weeks!

How far along? 37 Weeks -- Full Term!
Baby size in fruit/vegetable: Watermelon
Total weight gain/loss: 29 pounds gained
Maternity clothes? Mostly maternity leggings and maternity shirts.
Stretch marks? Stomach is still clear!
Sleep: Sleeping is the worst. I'm so tired, all I want to do is sleep. But I'm too uncomfortable. My hips and lower back get so sore when I'm laying down. And my legs are so restless! I also have way too much on my mind to sleep.
Best moment this week: Doctors appointment. We went in still unsure if we were going to do the version or not, I couldn't make the decision. Turns out my uterus is heart shaped, so the version would have been a 0% success rate. So the decision was made for us! C-Section is scheduled for Wednesday, May 22nd. It's quite a relief to have the decision made and to know that it's the way things have to go. I never pictured having a C-Section when I thought about labor, but I'm okay with it. I mean, I have to be, it's the only option. I'm still very nervous for the surgery and recovery though. It freaks me out to think about being awake while they cut me open, pull the baby out, and put me back together. It makes me a little queasy when I really think about it. And the incision/ recovery scares me, I've never had any type of surgery before. It helps to know I have a good doctor and great support from Sean, family, and friends. And to know that it will all be worth it when baby is here.
Miss anything? I'm starting to really miss my anti-anxiety meds. This constant heavy weight on my chest is getting annoying. There is just so much to think and worry about. Mostly all things that are out of my control and irrational to even worry about, but turning off the worry feels nearly impossible right now.
Movement: He's still moving a ton! Just not when anyone wants him to. Anytime anyone tries to feel him, I swear he knows and purposely doesn't move. I'm really trying to cherish feeling his movements these days, it's crazy to think that in two weeks I won't get to feel him anymore. That is the one thing I will miss about being pregnant. I can't wait to hold him and be able to feel him in my arms though.
Food cravings: Ice, fruit, juice, lemonade, and carbonation.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Eating/not eating.
Bump: It's been getting a lot of attention! Everyone's all over it lately, trying to feel baby move as much as they can before he's out. Luckily I haven't had any strangers touch or even ask to touch my bump. I just get a lot of comments on how cute I am. Which is so nice, and does make me feel good about myself. Because really, I feel HUGE. But I feel a little awkward sometimes when someone says "it's not fair you get to be so cute and I was/am so huge". I'm not sure whether to reply with "thank you" or "I'm sorry". People really have been so sweet though, strangers or not. It is so nice to hear that other people at least think I look good.
Discomforts: Everything is still uncomfortable. And it's only getting worse. Women aren't kidding when they say the last month is awful. Hip pain is more intense than ever! Especially at night, when I'm laying down trying to sleep. And standing up after sitting for awhile is getting impossible. There is soooo much pressure on my tailbone. I'm still feeling crampy in my lower back at night, and occasionally menstrual crampy throughout the day. And my feet! They constantly hurt. My shoes squeeze them so tight, and the bottoms just ache all day. If they're not propped up, they're huge and swollen. And the pressure in my stomach and on my bladder is unreal. My body can't take this baby growing anymore! I'm starting to feel like that girl on Willy Wonka that likes the gum. Isn't it her that blows up like a giant blueberry? I feel like I need to be popped with a needle to let all the pressure and swelling out. Thank God I only have two more weeks. I just hope that in two weeks, I'm not wishing I still had all of this to be complaining about instead of whatever it is I am going to be complaining about.
Labor signs: Lots of contractions. They get so uncomfortable! I can't really move while they're happening. At night it's like a constant contraction, they come so often. I don't have any pain with them, just that intense tight feeling.
Belly button in or out? Mostly flat with my stomach with a tiny bit poking out.
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy, scared, sick, tired, uncomfortable, anxious, excited, scared, irritable, tired, nervous, and scared.
Looking forward to? Meeting baby! I'm so excited and absolutely terrified at the same time. I can't even handle thinking about it, it sends me straight into a panic.



Left - Baby Boy // Right - Me
Look how crazy identical our mouths are.



No comments:

Post a Comment